Friday 14 August 2015

The first few days...

After clearing customs in Toronto (I didn't realise half of Toronto airport was on the US border...), I boarded my flight down to Orlando!
A quick pit-stop was made at Chick fil-A before picking my luggage up from the carousel and making my way to the Mears shuttle counter.  Despite having to wait over 45mins for a shuttle, Disney do give us a $5 voucher to use, which makes the ride from the airport a lot cheaper than getting a taxi for those arriving by themselves.

Soon enough, I arrived at the Vista Way Pavilion for check-in! With over 1300 people arriving that day, I was lucky that I had missed the rush and could walk straight in and out. I was given my key and found out that my home for the next year would be in a 6 person apartment in VISTA WAY (the same complex I had lived in for my previous two programs).  Although I'd been hoping for a different complex to change things up a bit, it was comforting to already know my way around the complex and the surrounding area.  My apartment is in a great location and is very convenient for the pool (and for running to the bus stop!)  When I first moved in, the apartment was pretty much empty and just one girl's stuff was there (although she wasn't there when I arrived).  After a quick look around, I chose to put my stuff in one of the two empty bedrooms. Once I had unpacked - and with no sign of any other roommates - I decided to get the dreaded bus to Walmart for bits and bobs that I needed.  (I miss Tesco already!!)

3 hours later... I made it back armed with way too many bags than I could carry and met my first housemate - Catherine from China!  Shortly afterwards, two more housemates arrived from France and moved in to the last available bedroom.  As it was getting late, and with no sign of our last two housemates, I headed to bed!  However, around 1am, I was woken by security banging on the door.... it turned out to be housemate #5 who had been on a nightmare of a journey involving cancelled flights and lost luggage! In a half-awake state, I welcomed my new roommate from Italy and who is also called NICOLE!

The next day we all had a day off, so I met some of the other girls who had just arrived from the UK and we headed off for a day at Universal Studios.  I managed to renew my annual pass for just £100, so should definitely be worth it for the year :)  It was amazing to be back in Diagon Alley, drinking frozen butterbeer and riding the Gringotts ride (with only a 20min wait time... compared to the 320min wait time that was the norm this time last year).  We ate lunch/dinner in a really good Mexican restaurant on CityWalk, before heading back to housing to freshen up before an evening spent wandering around Downtown Disney. Oh Ghiradelli, how I've missed you <3




The next two days involved various housing meetings and paperwork sessions.  I got to meet the rest of my UK arrival group, and we spent time hanging out by the pool in the evenings... I could get used to this lifestyle!  A group of us also went to our first housing event - a double feature movie showing of Saving Mr Banks and Mary Poppins, complete with free popcorn!

Day 5 was another day off.  I've spent the morning sorting out stuff in my apartment and using some of the free time to update my blog.  The evening consisted of a trip to the Grand Floridian and a wander around the newly-refurbished Polynesian Resort. Dolewhip was eaten whilst watching Wishes from the beach!



Traditions class is tomorrow :D Can't wait to officially become a Cast Member once more and to get access once again to all the parks!!
More updates coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment