Monday 19 October 2015

Na Na, Honey I'm Good!

It's now half way through October and Epcot's Food and Wine Festival is in full flow.  The World Showcase is filled with extra kiosks, selling food and drink samples from cuisines around the world. Epcot has been especially busy at the weekends, meaning long shifts, 6 day weeks and lots of extra hours! But this hasn't stopped us having fun at work and on our days off.   The food on offer is DELICIOUS... so of course I've had to sample some of the offerings.

Katie and I attended the 'Train the Trainer' class, meaning we are now fully qualified trainers and can wear our new Jiiminy Cricket pins with pride! Even though it feels like we only arrived yesterday, my arrival group will be training the newbies from the next arrival group which is pretty cool :)
We also took out our winter coats from costuming... which definitely look like something straight out of Hogwarts! Talking of Winter, it is finally starting to cool down. I wore long trousers yesterday for the first time since getting here :L I also managed a 10mile outdoor run the other morning without dying in the humidity... 3 months to go until marathon day!!

I also had a lovely breakfast at Be Our Guest with Joe (which we discovered was coinciding with our 2 'ear friendiversary on Facebook - all the more reason to celebrate!)

 

We love a good breakfast, so to celebrate being here in Florida for 2 months... we had a celebratory breakfast with my whole arrival group at Captain's Grille at the Yacht Club. All you can eat buffet and a 'tsunami of cheese' went down very well.


Back at work, the hilarious American guest comments continue, although there has been a sudden influx in Scottish guests due to school half term holidays. Some Scots have been questioning my Scottishness, (which makes me worry that i'm losing my accent)... but with the continual comments about my accent from American guests, its safe to say that I'm not losing it anytime soon. I've also had the chance to do a couple more 'magical moments' for the first time since my first week of work, where I get to pick a child in the restaurant and with the aid of Mickey's magic wand (and our magic ice cubes in one case...), help blow out the flames around the world showcase and set off the fireworks! 

Over on the dark side, Horror Nights at Universal Studios have become a weekly occurrence. I really didn't think it would be something I would enjoy... but going along with a bunch of screaming Disney cast members turns horror nights into comedy nights. I bought a 'frequent fear' pass, meaning I can go as many times as I want. Some of the houses are pretty terrifying, but i've honestly never laughed so much in my life... watching my friends getting chased with clowns carrying chainsaws and creepy masked murderers :O


A great day off was spent with Katie and Joe at Animal Kingdom :) We took Katie to see Festival of the Lion King for the first time, the gopro came out to capture some great footage of us riding Everest, and we met up with Michael, Tom and Rachael to go on the Safari, meet some GOATS, and watch Finding Nemo The Musical!





And the nights out continue... from Grannies to Cowboys!

 
    



 




No comments:

Post a Comment